Safety at Inland Waterways
In Ireland we have lots of different inland waterways, which can be dangerous if you are not careful.
- Beware of submerged objects. Always enter the water feet first.
- Cold water in lakes can be dangerous. It is often much colder beneath the surface than you think.
- Do not play near the waters edge - it can suddenly crumble away.
- Never wade in to retrieve floating objects.
- Never walk on ice covered walkways!
- When fishing, always make sure an adult is with you.