Water Safety on the Farm
You may be surprised, but water safety is important everywhere you go, even on a farm. Look at the important messages below.
- Farm ponds are often out of view of the house, so always have an adult with you.
- Farm slurry pits are dangerous and not solid enough to stand on. You would quickly sink if you tried.
- Reeds and grasses often hide the edges of ponds. Stay away from the edge.
- The banks of a pond may be weak and give way under your weight.
- Always make sure holes or drains are safely covered.
- Keep away from uncovered water barrels.